The Exabel Data API can be used to import entities, relationships between entities, signals, and time series data to the Exabel platform.
- An entity is an instance of any one of the entity types, such as the company Apple, Inc. or the brand Google Pay. Every entity has a single entity type. Read more here
- An entity type is a group of entities having similar real world meaning, for instance company, web domain, brand, or region. Read more here
- A relationship is a directed connection between two entities with a relationship type, such as
OWNED_BY. It is a connection from one entity to another entity. There can only be a single relationship of the same type and in the same direction between any two entities. Read more here
- A signal is a group of time series, such as price or revenue. A signal is used to create a time series for that signal connected to an entity. Read more here
- A time series is a series of data points with corresponding timestamps. Each timestamp may have multiple versions with different values that have evolved over time. Read more here
Before you import data it is important to prepare the data mappings, define a data model, and transform your data into time series, at the right level of aggregation. Data can also be organized in a data set by defining a collection of signals after it has been imported. The complete data set consists of those signals, entities having time series for those signals, and all entities found by repeatedly following incoming relationships of ownership/aggregation type.
Once the data model has been defined, entities, relationships, signals, and time series can be imported with the Data API.
- Exabel Python SDK (Recommended)
- Data API REST reference documentation
- Data API gRPC reference documentation
See the Exabel DSL reference for an in-depth description on how to use the data within the platform once it has been imported.
To access the Data API, you need an API key provided by Exabel.
The Data API service definitions can be found on GitHub.
Updated 10 months ago